Drive Smart & Walk Smart
Walking is a healthy alternative to the automobile. In addition to getting great exercise, your automobile is not emitting pollutants into the air. What a great choice! Of course, pedestrian safety is of the utmost importance. Be to follow these basic safety rules:
- Watch for Pedestrians
- Always stop for pedestrians - It’s the LAW
- Obey traffic signs, signals, and markings. Don’t run red lights!
- When turning right on red: stop, look and always yield to pedestrians.
- Be courteous. Remember, you are a pedestrian too!
- Look left-right-left, and if it is clear, begin crossing. Be sure to look over your shoulder for turning cars.
- Cross the street between cross walk markings. Always obey traffic signs, signals and markings.
- Make eye contact with drivers to ensure they see you.
- Wear light colored or reflective clothing to be more visible at night.
- Cross safely. Never enter the street from behind a parked car.
Follow these basic safety tips and enjoy yourself.