NIH Shuttle Services
Plaza (Executive Blvd)
Pike Plaza Park & Ride Lot
Federal Building/Garage 57
Route 70 Express Bus Service:
Route J9 Express Bus Service:
Ride On express bus service Route 70 is provided weekdays, Monday through
Friday, from the Milestone Shopping Center in Germantown to Suburban Hospital
- Ridge Road & Observation Dr.
- National Naval Medical Center
- Medical Center Metro
- National Institutes of Health main campus
- Morning service is provided every 30 minutes beginning at 5:50
a.m. to 8:25 a.m.
- Evening service begins at 3:11 p.m.
- The last bus leaves the National Instututes of Health at 6:26
Express bus service is provided from the Lakeforest Mall Transit Center
to Bethesda, weekdays only.
Rock Spring/Grosvenor/Wheaton Shuttle(RIDE
- The Route J9 Express Bus begins service at 5:15
a.m. at the Lakeforest Mall Transit Center (Park & Ride Lot)
and has stops at the National Naval Medical Center, Medical Center Metro
and Suburban Hospital. This service runs every 15 minutes until 8:20
- Service resumes in the evening at 3:10 p.m.
until 6:48 p.m.
This shuttle travels between the Grosvenor Metro station and the Rock
Spring business park. The shuttle has convenient stops along its route,
which includes the following streets: Democracy Lane, Fernwood Road, Rockledge
and Rock Spring Drive, Old Georgetown Road and Tuckerman Lane. This bus
is a rush hour shuttle, and runs every ten to twelve minutes in the morning
from 6:40am. to 8:40am,
and again in the afternoon from 4:22pm to
5:51 pm. Call the NBTC for a Ride
On #6 shuttle schedule at (301) 770-8108.